One of the most common breakfast for many Indian families, Aloo Paratha it is!!! It is basically a flat bread made with whole wheat flour and stuffed with potatoes. To make the stuffing we take boiled potatoes, add some spices and mix them well. An easy recipe for breakfast and one can even have it at anytime of the day.
Also try: Gobhi Paratha, Aloo Pyaaz Paratha, Palak Paneer Paratha.
Course: Breakfast and Main Course.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 40 mins.
Servings: makes 4 parathas.
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Boiled Potato – 2 large
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil or Ghee (Clarified Butter) for shallow frying the parathas
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Paratha:
- Take wheat flour in a bowl, add water in portions and start kneading. Knead to make a soft smooth dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Take a mixing bowl. Add potatoes and mash them nicely, you can even grate them if you like
- Add green chillies, coriander leaves, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside the stuffing
- Divide the dough into 4 equal size balls (or as required). Dust it with wheat flour and roll it with a rolling-pin to make a small round
- Place around 1.5 – 2 tbsp of the stuffing in the centre and bring the edges together to make a round stuffed ball
- Dust the ball and start rolling to make a normal size paratha. If required dust it again in between rolling and make sure it doesn’t break
- Meanwhile heat a tawa and place the paratha on it. When you start getting the brown spots spread some ghee or oil and fry it from both the sides until crisp and brown (as in the picture)
- Your Aloo Paratha is ready. Serve hot with curd, butter, tea, coffee or pickle and enjoy!!!
I have had these many times, and absolutely love them! Will have to try your recipe! Thanks for sharing!
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s great!!! Thank you so much 🙂