Missi Roti is another famous Indian bread. It is prepared with gram flour and whole wheat flour. It can relished with any gravy of your choice.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 40 mins
- Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Carrom Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Seeds – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – as required
- Water – for kneading the dough
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – for serving
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Missi Roti:
- Take a grinding jar. Add coriander seeds, carrom seeds, cumin seeds and black pepper seeds. Grind coarsely, do not make a powder. Keep aside
- Take a bowl. Add gram flour, wheat flour, prepared ground spices, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, oil and salt. Mix
- Add water in portions and start kneading the dough. Make a stiff dough. Keep aside for 20 mins
- Knead the dough again and make equal sized balls
- Dust the ball with wheat flour and roll to make a medium thick roti
- Meanwhile heat a tawa or a pan. Place the roti and cook from both the sides till you get a few brown spots
- Remove it from the tawa with the help of tongs and place it directly over the flame
- Cook from both the sides by flipping with the tongs. It should be as shown in the image
- Remove it from the flame and grease it with ghee
- Your Missi Roti is ready. Serve hot with your favorite curry.