Tandoori roti is the most famous Indian bread. Majorly ordered by us when we go out to enjoy the North Indian food in a restaurant. It is prepared with whole wheat flour. It is generally made in tandoor but at home to get the same texture we cook it directly on the flame and it’s easy. It can be enjoyed with any dish of your choice like Paneer Bhurji, Paneer Butter Masala, Dal Makhani, etc.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Water – as required for kneading
- Ghee – as required
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Tandoori Roti:
- Take a bowl. Add wheat flour and salt. Mix
- Start adding water. Knead to make a soft smooth dough
- Brush the dough with a few drops of ghee
- Cover and keep aside for 15 mins
- Take a medium size ball and dust it with flour
- Start rolling it with a rolling-pin and make medium size circle. Do not make it too thin, it has to be a little thick
- Spread 1-2 tsp of water (it’ll help the roti to stick to the tawa)
- Meanwhile heat the tawa (do not use a non stick pan as roti will not stick)
- When tawa is hot. Place the roti with your hand on it from the wet side
- Once bubbles starts to appear flip the entire tawa and place it directly on the flame with 2-3 inches gap (to get the tandoor like texture and roti will remain stick to the tawa)
- When brown spots starts to appear take it off the flame. Remove the roti from the tawa with help of a spoon or a spatula (below images for your reference)
- Top it with ghee or butter and enjoy with your favorite dish.