Sama Rice Pulao is saatvik food recipe. To prepare this you’ll need sama rice (barnyard millet), tomatoes, green chillies, cumin seeds and ghee (clarified butter). Enjoy this pulao with plain yogurt or Cucumber Tomato Raita.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Sama Rice (Barnyard Millet) – 1 cup (soak for 10 mins)
- Tomato – 2 medium (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (grated)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Black Peppercorns – 4-5
- Cloves – 2
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 2 tbsp
- Water – 4 cups
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Sama Rice Pulao:
- Thoroughly rinse the soaked rice and keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add black peppercorns & cloves, let them splutter
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add ginger and green chilli. Saute till aromatic
- Add tomatoes and ground black pepper. Mix and cook until ghee starts to separate
- Add rice, rock salt and water. Mix and close lid. Turn the flame to high and cook for 3-4 whistles. Turn off the flame
- Once pressure settles down open the lid and give it a nice stir, your Sama Rice Pulao is ready. Serve hot with curd (yogurt) or raita.