Yesterday I had shared recipe for Kuttu Cheela so to go along with it I need to share a gravy too. Today I am sharing recipe for “vrat waale aloo tamatar”. Simple and tasty recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Potatoes – 2 medium (peeled and cut in cubes)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium (puree)
- Ginger – 1 inch (crushed or grated)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil or Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Rock Salt – to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Aloo Tamatar:
- Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add ginger and green chili. Saute till you get the aroma
- Add tomato puree and spices – coriander powder and black pepper powder. Mix and saute till oil or ghee starts to separate
- Add potatoes, rock salt and water. Mix well and close the lid
- Turn the flame to medium-high. Cook till 4-5 whistles
- Once pressure settles down open the lid and add coriander leaves
- Your Aloo Tamatar is ready. Serve hot!!!