Jeera Aloo in saatvik style is an easy recipe with minimal spices. You’ll need mainly potatoes, cumin seeds, ground black pepper and rock salt to prepare it. You can have it with curd (plain yogurt), kuttu cheela or pooris on the day of fasting (vrat).
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 15 mins.
- Boiled Potato – 4 medium (peeled and cut into cubes)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) to taste.
How to make Jeera Aloo in Saatvik Style:
- Heat ghee in a pan or a kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add green chilli. Saute for a few seconds
- Add potatoes, ground black pepper and rock salt. Mix and stir fry for 4-5 mins
- Add coriander leaves and mix well. Your Jeera Aloo is ready.