Kuttu Atta (or Buckwheat Flour) is often used to make pooris, kachoris or cheelas on the day of fasting (vrat), when one is following the saatvik food. Any preparation of kuttu goes well with curd (plain yogurt), Potato Curry or Cumin Potatoes. This recipe is effortless and makes delicious cheelas or pancakes.
Also Try: Sama Rice Kheer.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Kuttu Atta (Buckwheat Flour) – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (seeded and finely chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1-1.5 cups
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) to taste
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) to pan fry the cheelas.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make to Kuttu Cheela:
- Take a bowl. Add kuttu atta, ground black pepper, rock salt, green chili and coriander leaves. Mix
- Start adding water in portions (water quantity may vary a little as it depends on the quality of the flour) and mix with a spoon or a whisk. Keep mixing till batter is smooth. It should be of medium consistency. Keep aside the batter for 10 mins
- Heat a non-stick pan. Pour a few drops of ghee and spread a ladle full of batter to form a circle. Cook until you get a few brown spots
- Pour a few drops of ghee and flip. Cook similarly
- Your Kuttu Cheela is ready. Serve hot with curd (plain yogurt), chutney or your favorite curry.