Kuttu Atta (or Buckwheat Flour) is often used to make pooris, kachoris or cheelas on the day of fasting, when one is following the saatvik food. Any preparation of kuttu goes well with curd (plain yogurt), Aloo Tamatar or Jeera Aloo. This recipe is effortless and makes delicious cheelas or pancakes.
Also Try: Sama Rice Kheer.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins.
Servings: makes 5 cheelas
- Kuttu Atta (Buckwheat Flour) – 1 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Water – 1 to 1 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) to cook the cheelas.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make to Kuttu Cheela:
- Take a bowl. Add kuttu atta, cumin seeds, cumin powder, coriander powder, ground black pepper, salt, green chili and coriander leaves. Mix
- Start adding water in portions and mix with a spoon or a whisk to make a smooth batter of medium consistency
- Heat a pan or a tawa. Grease with a few drops of ghee and spread a ladle full of batter to form a circle. Cook for about a min or two, spread a few drops of ghee and flip, and cook from the other side
- Your Kuttu Cheela is ready. Serve hot with curd, chutney or your favorite curry.