Happy Navratri!!! Since it’s navratri going on I need to share a few recipes for fasting food. I begin with a simple one and it’s Kuttu ke atte ke cheele. It is prepared with buckwheat flour. It’s a little healthy too as compared to the kuttu ki poori. Hope you enjoy the recipe.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Kuttu Atta (buckwheat flour) – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (seeded and finely chopped)
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Rock salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil or ghee – to shallow fry cheelas.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make to Kuttu Cheela:
- Take a bowl. Add kuttu atta, black pepper powder, rock salt, green chili and coriander leaves. Mix
- Start adding water in portions (water quantity may vary a little as it depends on the quality of the flour) and mix with a spoon or a whisk. Keep mixing till batter is smooth. It should be of medium consistency. Keep aside batter for 10 mins
- Heat a non-stick pan. Pour a few drops of oil or ghee
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the center and spread out to form a circle. Cook till it’s crisp
- Pour a few drops of oil or ghee again and flip. Cook similarly
- Your Kuttu Cheela is ready. Serve hot with curd, chutney or your favorite fasting curry.