Curd (or plain yogurt) plays a vital role in saatvik food, it always makes the meal complete. This is a simple recipe for raita to relish during the fast (vrat). You can enjoy it with Kuttu Cheela.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Total – 10 mins.
- Curd (Plain Yogurt or Dahi) – 1 cup
- Cucumber – 1 (peeled and grated)
- Tomato – 1 medium (seeded and finely chopped)
- Mint Leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (seeded and finely chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Cucumber Tomato Raita:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add dahi and whisk it to get a smooth consistency
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chili, ground black pepper and rock salt, and mix well. Your Cucumber Tomato Raita is ready.