Lachha Paratha is a famous Indian flat bread, you can relish any of your favorite gravies with it.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: makes 6 parathas.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 2 tsp + to cook the parathas
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Lachha Paratha:
- Take a mixing bowl and add flour, 2 tsp ghee & salt. Mix, it’ll be crumbly
- Add water in portions to knead the dough, make a soft smooth dough. Cover and let it rest for 15-20 mins
- After 15-20 mins knead the dough again a little bit and divide it into 6 equal size balls
- Take a ball and dust it then roll it to make about 6 inches diameter, spread some ghee then sprinkle some flour. Now cut thin strips with the help of a knife and stack them. Then stretch this stack and finally make a circle again (images below for your reference)
- Dust it and roll it lightly to make a paratha of about 4 inches diameter
- Meanwhile heat a tawa and place the paratha on it. When you start getting the brown spots spread some ghee and cook from both the sides (as in the picture). Remove it from the tawa and crush a little with your hands and your Lachha Paratha is ready, similarly do the rest.