Also try: Aloo Methi.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Spinach – 100 grams (roughly chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium (peeled and chopped)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a large pinch
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Palak:
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida, let it splutter
- Add onions, potatoes, green chillies and ginger. Saute for a min
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well. Cover and cook till potatoes are 90% cooked. Stir occasionally
- Add tomatoes. Mix and cook for a min uncovered
- Add chopped spinach. Mix well, cover and cook for 4-5 mins or until spinach is cooked
- Uncover and cook on high flame until excess water from spinach is absorbed
- Turn off the flame and add garam masala powder. Mix well
- Your Aloo Palak is ready. Serve hot with phulkas or parathas.