Tikkis or Cutlets can be prepared in many ways, pick your favorite vegetable or vegetables and there you get your own favorite snack. This recipe is for cutlets made with potatoes and sweet corn.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium (mashed)
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1 cup
- Bread Crumbs – 1/3 to 1/2 cup
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Oil to pan fry the tikkis
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Corn Tikki:
- Take a grinding jar and add sweet corn, grind coarsely and transfer it to a mixing bowl
- To the same bowl add mashed potatoes, 1/3 cup bread crumbs, ground black pepper, dry mango powder, chilli flakes, coriander leaves, green chilli and salt. Mix to make a smooth paste, if it’s too sticky then add remaining bread crumbs and mix well
- Now make round flat tikkis or cutlets from the paste. Keep aside
- Heat a non-stick pan. Pour a few drops of oil and place the tikkis. Pan fry on medium flame until crisp then flip. Similarly do the other side
- Your Aloo Corn Tikkis are ready. Serve hot with Green Chutney or ketchup. Enjoy!!!