Tip: I have added oats flour and bread crumbs to bind the mix. You can do the same or go for either. Always add flour or crumbs in portions as you might not always need full quantity to bind the mix.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: makes around 15 kebabs.
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium-large (grated)
- Spinach – around 150 grams
- Boiled Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Oats Flour – 1/2 cup
- Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Green Chili – 2
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil to pan fry kebabs
- Water to blanch the spinach
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Hara Bhara Kebab:
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add spinach, turn off the flame and cover it. Keep it for 5 mins then strain it, now transfer the spinach to ice-cold water and keep it for 2-3 mins, then strain it well again. Blanching is done
- Take a grinding jar and add blanched spinach, boiled green peas, coriander leaves, green chilli, ginger & garlic. Grind to a fine paste and transfer it to a mixing bowl
- Add potatoes, dry mango powder, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and add oats flour & bread crumbs in portions to make a non-sticky mix, not stiff. Add in portions as you might not even need whole quantity of oats flour or bread crumbs
- Now make round flat kebab from the dough. Let them rest for 10 mins
- Heat a pan and spread a few drops of oil, place the kebabs and cook on medium flame until golden brown and crisp. Flip and similarly do the other side. Your Hara Bhara Kebab is ready. Serve them with mini parathas, Green Chutney and Tzatziki Sauce, or as you like.