Hara Bhara Kebab is a healthy yet delicious Indian snack. It has the goodness of spinach and green peas. It is prepared by mixing spinach, green peas, potatoes and a couple of spices. Enjoy it with Green Chutney or Tzatziki Sauce.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Potato – 2 medium (boiled, should not be mushy)
- Spinach – 1 bunch (around 125 grams)
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Gram Flour – 3 tbsp
- Bread Crumbs – 2 tbsp (optional, incase dough is not stiff)
- Garlic Clove – 2 (grated)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Dry Mango Powder (amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Chat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – to shallow fry kebabs
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Hara Bhara Kebab:
- Boil water in a saucepan to blanch the spinach. Add spinach. Turn off the flame. Cover and keep it for 5 mins. Now strain the water using a colander. Now transfer the spinach to ice-cold water. Again drain the water using the colander. Blanching is done. Keep aside
- Take a pan and add gram flour. Roast it till fragrant. Keep aside
- Take a grinder jar. Add boiled green peas and blanched spinach. Grind to make a fine paste. Keep aside
- Take a bowl. Add boiled potatoes. Mash them nicely (you can even grate them)
- Add spinach and green peas paste. Mix
- Add roasted gram flour, bread crumbs (if dough is not stiff), grated garlic, grated ginger, dry mango powder, chat masala powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well to make a nice smooth dough
- Take desired portion from the dough to make kebab. Make a round flat kebab. Similarly make the rest. Keep aside
- Heat a non-stick pan or tawa. Pour a few drops of oil
- Place the kebabs and cook on medium flame till they are golden brown
- Flip the kebab and cook in the similar way from the other side
- Your Hara Bhara Kebab is ready. Serve hot
- I served them with mini parathas, Green Chutney and Tzatziki Sauce.