You can try your own flavors or combination with paneer and pasta. I am sure they all will turn out great.
Since I am using lentil pasta, this makes it a healthy meal packed with protein. You can also try it with whole wheat pasta.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 50 mins
- Whole Wheat or Lentil Spaghetti – around 110 grams (you can use one of your choice as well)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 200 grams (cut in halves)
- Pesto Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 3 large (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 9-10 (roughly chopped or torn) (you can use dried basil as well)
- Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Onion – 1 medium (julienned)
- Capsicum – 1 medium (julienned)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Grilled Pesto Paneer with Red Sauce Pasta:
- Take pesto sauce and coat paneer in it from all the sides. Marinate for 10-15 mins
- Cook pasta as per instructions on pack
- While pasta is cooking take a blending jar. Add tomatoes, basil leaves and garlic. Blend to a little coarse paste
- Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a pan. Add tomato paste. Mix. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins
- Add chilli flakes, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, oregano and salt. Mix and cook till oil starts to separate
- Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Mix and cook for a minute. Add cheese or cream at this step if desired
- Red Sauce Pasta is ready. Let’s grill the paneer and saute the veggies
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add julienned onions, capsicum, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and salt. Saute till a little translucent. Keep aside
- Heat a grill pan. Pour a few drops of oil. Grill the marinated paneer from all the sides. Paneer is ready
- Take a serving plate. Place Grilled Paneer, Pasta and Veggies. Serve hot.