A flavorful pasta with pesto, onions and bell peppers. A quick and easy recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Shell Pasta – 1 cup (you can use any other shape as well)
- Pesto Sauce – 2 tbsp (recipe here)
- Onion – 1 medium (julienned)
- Bell Pepper – 1/2 cup (julienned)
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp or as desired
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp or as desired
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Peppers and Onions Pesto Pasta:
- Cook pasta as per instructions on pack
- While pasta is cooking take a small bowl. Add pesto sauce and 2 tbsp of pasta cooking water. Mix well. This will help in diluting the sauce. Keep aside
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add onions and bell peppers. Cook till tender
- Add diluted pesto sauce, chilli flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Mix
- Strain pasta and add it to the pan. Mix till pasta is coated in the sauce. You can also add more pesto sauce at this step if desired
- Your Peppers and Onions Pesto Pasta is ready.