An easy recipe for pesto sauce without cheese. Traditionally pesto sauce is prepared in a mortar-pestle, but I have used the blender for the ease and it tastes equally good. You can also add cheese to the recipe if desired.
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Total – 10 mins
Servings: yields about 1 cup.
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 1 cup (packed)
- Pine Nuts – 1/4 cup (you can use walnuts or almonds as well)
- Garlic – 1-2 cloves
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp or as required
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Pesto Sauce:
- Take a blender. Add all the ingredients and grind on pulse for around 10 times. Make a little coarse paste
- Your Pesto Sauce is ready. Refrigerate in an airtight container and it’ll be good for at least a week.