An easy recipe for pesto sauce without cheese. Traditionally pesto sauce is prepared in a mortar-pestle, but I have used the blender for ease and it tastes equally good.
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Total – 10 mins
Servings: makes around 1 cup
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 2 cup (packed)
- Pine Nuts – 1/4 cup (you can use walnuts or almonds as well)
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp or as required
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Pesto Sauce:
- Take a blender. Add pine nuts, garlic, basil leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, ground black pepper and salt
- Grind to make a little coarse paste using the pulse mode
- Your Pesto Sauce is ready
- Refrigerate in an airtight container and it’ll be good for around 2 weeks.