Pasta tossed in grape or cherry tomatoes can never go wrong. And when same is combined with Pesto Sauce, it does wonders. Recipe is quick and easy. For this recipe we need pasta (of your choice), grape tomatoes, garlic and pesto sauce. I generally avoid adding cheese to my pasta dishes, if you prefer you can add it.
Also try: Pasta with Pesto Sauce.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Angel Hair Pasta – around 110 grams or 4 oz (you can use any other pasta as well)
- Pesto Sauce – 2 tbsp (recipe here)
- Grape Tomatoes (or Cherry Tomatoes) – 1/2 cup (slit into halves)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (crushed or grated)
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – to boil pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Pasta Pesto with Grape Tomatoes:
- Cook pasta as per instructions on pack
- While pasta is cooking take a small bowl. Add pesto sauce and 2 tbsp of pasta cooking water. Mix well. This will help in diluting the sauce. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic. Saute till aromatic
- Add tomatoes, chilli flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Saute for 1-2 mins
- Add diluted pesto sauce. Mix
- Strain the pasta and add it to the pan. Mix till spaghetti is coated in the sauce. You can also add more pesto sauce at this step if desired
- Your Pesto Pasta with Grape Tomatoes is ready. Serve hot!!!