Pasta tossed in grape or cherry tomatoes can never go wrong. And when same is combined with Pesto Sauce, it does wonders. Recipe is quick and easy. For this recipe we need pasta (of your choice), grape tomatoes, garlic and pesto sauce. I generally avoid adding cheese to my pasta dishes, if you prefer you can add it.
Also try: Pasta with Pesto Sauce.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 15 mins
- Angel Hair Pasta – around 110 grams or 4 oz (you can use any other pasta as well)
- Pesto Sauce – 2 tbsp (recipe here)
- Grape Tomatoes – 1/2 cup (you can use cherry tomatoes as well)
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – to boil pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Pasta Pesto with Grape Tomatoes:
- Cook pasta as per instructions on pack
- Take a small bowl. Add pesto sauce and 2 tbsp of pasta cooking water. Mix well. This will help in diluting the sauce. Keep aside
- While pasta is cooking, heat a pan and add oil.
- Add garlic. Saute till aromatic
- Add tomatoes, chilli flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Saute for 1-2 mins
- Add diluted pesto sauce. Mix
- Strain pasta and add it to the pan. Mix till spaghetti is coated in the sauce. You can also add more pesto sauce at this step if desired
- Your Pesto Pasta with Grape Tomatoes is ready. Serve hot!!!