We all know Paneer Tikka is a famous Indian vegetarian starter and it’s always relished by all (almost all, lol!). This time I tried a fusion, marinated paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) in pesto and then grilled it. And WHOA!!! It was incredibly delicious.
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Marination – 30 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 50 mins
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 200 grams (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Hung Curd (or plain greek yogurt) – 2 tbsp
- Pesto Sauce – 3 tbsp (recipe here)
- Oil – to roast the tikka
- Salt to taste.
How to make Pesto Paneer Tikka:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add hung curd, pesto sauce and salt if required. Mix well
- Add paneer cubes and gently mix with your hand or with a spoon. It should be well coated in the marinade
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 mins
- Put marinated paneer on a skewer
- Heat a grill pan or tawa. Pour a few drops of oil and place the skewer. Roast it from all the sides until golden brown
- Your Pesto Paneer Tikka is ready. Relish it!!!