Achaari Paneer Tikka is a tangy, spicy and mouth watering Indian vegetarian appetizer. We marinate paneer (Indian cottage cheese) in hung curd and pickle spices, and then pan fry, grill or roast it.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Marination – 2 hours, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 2.5 hours
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 250 grams (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Hung Curd (or plain greek yogurt) – 1/4 cup
- Gram Flour – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 medium (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Bell Peppers – 1/2 cup (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Nigella Seeds (Kalonji) – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Oil –1 tbsp
- Oil to pan fry or roast the tikkas
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Tikka:
- Heat a pan and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, black mustard seeds & fenugreek seeds. Dry roast till fragrant, do not over do it. Turn off the flame and let it cool down. Now grind to make a coarse powder, keep aside the pickle powder
- Take mixing bowl and add hung curd, mustard oil, ginger-garlic paste, gram flour, pickle powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, black salt, lemon juice & salt. Mix well
- Add paneer, onion and bell peppers. Gently mix, should be coated well in the marinade
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 2 hours
- Now take the paneer, onion and bell peppers in any order on a skewer
- Heat a pan or tawa, spread some oil and place the skewer. Cook from all the sides till golden brown
- Your Achaari Paneer Tikka is ready. Serve hot with Chutney.