Haryali Paneer Tikka is similar to the traditional Paneer Tikka, it has the rich green color and fresh flavors of coriander and mint leaves.
Marination Tip: Marinate for up to 2 hours or more. If you’re running short on time then keep it for at least 30 mins.
Also try: Paneer Tikka
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Marination – 2 hours, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 2.5 hours
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 250 grams (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Hung Curd (or plain greek yogurt) – 1/4 cup
- Gram Flour – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Mint Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Green Chilli – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Onion – 1 medium (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Black Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for shallow frying + 1 tbsp for marination
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Hariyali Paneer Tikka:
- Take a grinding jar. Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Grind to make a fine green paste
- Take mixing bowl and add green paste, hung curd, 1 tbsp oil, gram flour, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, chaat masala powder, black salt, kasuri methi, lemon juice & salt. Mix well
- Add paneer and onion. Gently mix, paneer and onions should be coated well in the marinade
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 2 hours or more
- Now take the paneer and onion in any order on a skewer
- Heat a pan or tawa, spread some oil and place the skewer. Cook from all the sides till golden brown and crispy
- Your Hariyali Paneer Tikka is ready. Serve hot with Chutney!!!