Haryali Paneer Tikka is quite similar to the traditional Paneer Tikka, though it has the rich green color and fresh flavors of coriander and mint leaves. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Marination Tip: Marinate for up to 2 hours or more. If you’re running short on time then keep it for at least 30 mins.
Also try: Paneer Tikka
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Marination – 2 hours, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 2.5 hours
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 200 grams (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Hung Curd (or plain greek yogurt) – 1/4 cup
- Gram Flour – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Mint Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Green Chilli – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Onion – 1 medium (cut into around 1 inch cubes)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Black Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for shallow frying + 1 tbsp for marination
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Hariyali Paneer Tikka:
- Take a grinding jar. Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Grind to make a fine green paste
- Take mixing bowl and add green paste, hung curd, 1 tbsp oil, gram flour, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, chaat masala powder, black salt, kasuri methi, lemon juice and salt. Mix well
- Add paneer and onion. Gently mix with your hand or with a spoon. Paneer and onions should be well coated in the marinade
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 2 hours or more
- Now take the paneer and onion in any order on a skewer
- Heat a grill pan or tawa. Pour a few drops of oil and place the skewer
- Turn the flame to medium and shallow fry from all the sides till golden brown
- Your Hariyali Paneer Tikka is ready. Serve hot with Chutney!!!