This recipe is a little different from the traditional falafel recipe and has the Indian touch. It’s prepared with boiled chickpeas and a couple of spices. It’s quite easy to make and yummy in taste.
Course: Snacks or Starters
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Boiled Chickpeas – 2 cups
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Grated Garlic – 1 tbsp
- All-Purpose Flour – 1/4 cup
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Desi Falafel:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add boiled chickpeas and mash them nicely
- Add onions, coriander leaves, garlic, lemon juice, all-purpose flour, ground black pepper, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well
- Make desired shape patties or balls out of the mix. Keep aside for 5 mins
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadai. Drop the balls and deep fry until crispy, drain them on a kitchen paper towel and similarly do the rest
- Your Desi Falafel is ready. Serve hot with Tamarind Chutney, Green Chutney or Tzatziki Sauce.