Falafel is a famous Middle Eastern food. This recipe is a little different from the traditional one and has the Indian touch. It’s prepared with boiled chickpeas and a couple of spices. It’s quite easy to make and is yummy in taste.
Course: Snacks or Starters
Cuisine: Indian or Middle Eastern
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Chickpeas (chole or white chana) – 1 cup (soaked for 7-8 or overnight and boiled)
- Onion – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tbsp (grated)
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Desi Falafel:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add boiled chickpeas and mash them nicely
- Add corn flour and spices – black pepper powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well
- Add onions, coriander leaves, garlic and lemon juice. Mix well
- Make small-sized patties
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Deep fry the patties from both the sides till crisp
- Drain on a kitchen paper towel
- Your Desi Falafel is ready. Serve hot with chutney.