Ram Ladoo is one of the popular North Indian street food, it is basically fried moong dal pakoras topped with grated radish, green chutney, chaat masala and roasted cumin powder. Absolute delight to enjoy and a must try as it’s effortless to make.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Soaking – 4 hours, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 4 hours 30 mins.
- Moong Dal (split and skinned) – 1/2 cup (soaked overnight or at least for 4 hours)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafetida a large pinch
- Ginger – 1 inch (roughly chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (roughly chopped)
- Grated Radish – 1 cup
- Green Chutney to drizzle on top (recipe here)
- Chaat Masala Powder to sprinkle on top
- Roasted Cumin Powder to sprinkle on top
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 cup = 250 ML.
How to make Ram Ladoo:
- Thoroughly rinse the soaked moong dal and drain the excess water. Add it to a grinding jar along with ginger, green chili, asafetida, cumin seeds and salt. Grind it to make a smooth paste, if it’s too difficult to grind then add 1-2 tbsp of water
- Transfer it to a bowl and beat it in one direction with a spoon or a whisk. Batter will become fluffy, it will take around 5 mins
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. When oil is hot start dropping the batter with a spoon or your fingertips to make small size pakoras
- Fry on a medium flame until light golden and crisp, drain on a kitchen paper towel and similarly make from rest of the batter
- Now take a bowl or a plate, place the pakoras, top it with grated radish and green chutney, sprinkle some chaat masala powder and roasted cumin powder. Your Ram Ladoo is ready, enjoy!!!