Tzatziki Sauce is a greek style cold dip commonly served with snacks, pita chips, etc. It is prepared with hung curd (or greek yogurt), cucumber, garlic and fresh dill leaves. It can also be enjoyed with your favorite sandwich. It is considered as one of the healthy dips.
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Total – 10 mins
Servings: makes around 2 cups
- English Cucumber – 1 small (peeled and grated)
- Hung Curd (or Greek Yogurt) – 1 Cup
- Garlic Clove – 1 (minced or grated)
- Fresh Dill – 1 tbsp (finely chopped, if dill is not available you can use mint leaves)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp or as required
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Tzatziki Sauce:
- Take grated cucumber and drain the excess water by either way and keep aside:
- placing it on a kitchen paper towel for around 5 mins
- pressing it between the palms and squeeze the excess water
- Take a bowl. Add hung curd, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, dill leaves, black pepper and salt. Mix well
- Your Tzatziki Sauce is ready. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving
- Serve with your favorite snack or sandwich.