Tzatziki Sauce is a greek style cold dip commonly served with snacks, pita chips, etc. It is a combination of plain greek yogurt and grated cucumber along with garlic and herbs. So it’s a healthy dip, also enjoy it with your favorite sandwich.
- Hung Curd for Greek Yogurt
- Mint Leaves for Dill Leaves.
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Total – 10 mins
Servings: makes around 1 cup.
- English Cucumber – 1 small
- Plain Greek Yogurt – 3/4 Cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic Clove – 1 (minced or grated)
- Fresh Dill – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper as desired
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Tzatziki Sauce:
- Grate cucumber with or without peel. Place the grated cucumber on a kitchen paper towel and leave it for 3-5 mins on a sieve, so that excess moisture is drained. Finally squeeze the excess water as much as you can by pressing it between your palms
- Take a bowl. Add greek yogurt, grated cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, dill leaves, olive oil, ground black pepper and salt. Mix well
- Your Tzatziki Sauce is ready. Refrigerate for around an hour before serving
- Enjoy with your favorite snack or sandwich.
- Add a pinch or two of salt in grated cucumber and rub it, helps in drawing out most of the moisture
- Place greek yogurt on a muslin cloth or on a layer of kitchen paper towels and keep it on a sieve for 5-10 mins so that excess water is drained.