There are many different kinds of cheela (Indian pancakes) you prepare like Besan Cheela, Multi-grain Cheela, Moong Dal Cheela, etc. In this recipe we prepare plain besan (gram flour) cheelas and stuff them with a filling. Super delicious, hope you enjoy it.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 Mins, Cooking – 15 Mins, Total – 30 Mins.
- Besan (Gram flour) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 medium (seeded and finely chopped)
- Cucumber – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/3 cup (cut in very small cubes)
- Coriander Leaves – 4 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Carom Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Water – 3/4 cup or as required
- Green Chutney – as required (recipe here)
- Ketchup – as required
- Oil – for pan frying the cheelas
- Black Salt to taste
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Beasn Cheela Rolls:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, paneer, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chaat masala powder, ground black pepper, lemon juice and black salt. Mix and keep aside the stuffing
- Take another mixing bowl and add besan, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, green chilli, carom seeds, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix with a wired whisk
- Add 1/2 cup water. Starting mixing it in one direction. Add more water as required and mix it till you get a smooth medium consistency batter. Keep aside
- Heat a non-stick pan or a tawa. Add a few drops of oil and pour a ladle full of batter, and gently spread it to make a big circle. Make sure cheela doesn’t break
- Cook till the cheela turns light golden. Pour a few drops of oil and flip
- Cook the other side similarly. Besan Cheela is ready. Similarly cook rest of the cheelas and keep aside.
- Place cheela on a flat surface. Spread 1/2 tbsp green chutney and 1/2 tbsp ketchup, or as required. Add desired quantity of stuffing in the centre. Roll the cheela from both the sides and cut in halves
- Your Besan Cheela Rolls are ready. Serve them with your favorite chutney or sauce. Enjoy.