In this recipe we prepare one of the famous Indian breakfast, Besan Cheela and then stuff with a mix made with veggies. It’s nutritious and delicious.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Servings: makes 4 rolls
Time: Preparation – 15 Mins, Cooking – 15 Mins, Total – 30 Mins.
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 1 cup
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup (crumbled)
- Onion – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Cucumber – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Carom Seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/8 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Water – 3/4 cup to 1 cup
- Oil for cooking the cheelas
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Beasn Cheela Rolls:
- Take a mixing bowl and add gram flour, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, carrom seeds, salt & 1 tbsp coriander leaves. Mix and add water in portions to make a medium consistency batter. Let it rest for 5 mins
- Take another mixing bowl and add paneer, onion, tomato, cucumber, 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chaat masala powder, ground black pepper, lemon juice & salt. Mix well and keep aside the stuffing
- Heat a non-stick pan or a tawa. Spread a few drops of oil, pour a ladle full of batter and gently spread to make a circle. Cook until light golden, spread a few drops of oil and flip. Similarly do the other side and prepare rest of the cheelas
- Place the cheela on a flat surface, spread some stuffing and roll it, your Besan Cheela Rolls are ready.