Kebabs are always such a scrumptious appetizer to enjoy. Black Chickpea Kebab are healthy and delicious, relish them with yogurt dips such as Tzatziki Sauce.
Also try: Hara Bhara Kebab, Dahi Ke Kebab or Hare Chane ki Tikki.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 5 hours 30 mins, Cooking – 45 mins, Total – 6 hours 15 mins.
Servings: makes around 8 kebabs.
- Black Chickpeas (Kale Chane) – 1/2 cup (soak for up to 5 hours or overnight)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (grated)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (grated)
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Green Chili – 1 (chopped)
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Tzatziki Sauce to serve along, recipe here.
- Oil to pan fry the kebabs
- Water to boil
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Kale Chane Ke Kebab:
- Thoroughly rinse the soaked black chickpeas and add to a pressure cooker. Add enough water to boil and cook until soft. Let the pressure settle down then drain the excess water
- Add boiled black chickpeas to a mixing bowl and mash nicely
- Add ginger, garlic, green chili, coriander leaves, roasted cumin powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder and salt. Mix well
- Make kebabs from the mix and let them rest for 5 mins
- Heat a pan or a tawa and spread some oil. Place the kebabs and cook until brown and crisp, similarly do the other side
- Your Kale Chane Ke Kebabs are ready, serve with Tzatziki Sauce and enjoy!!!
On Sun, Jun 28, 2020, 22:56 A Plate of Happiness wrote:
> aplateofhappiness posted: “Kebabs are always such a scrumptious appetizer > to enjoy. Black Chickpea Kebab are healthy and delicious, relish them with > yogurt dips such as Tzatziki Sauce. Also try: Hara Bhara Kebab, Dahi Ke > Kebab or Hare Chane ki Tikki. Course: Starters or Snacks Cuis” >
LikeLiked by 1 person