Boiled beans and potato make a delicious combo when turned into cutlets or kebabs, also these are nutritious. These cutlets are soft from the inside and crispy on the outside. These can also be used as patties for sliders or burgers. Relish them with Green Chutney.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Refrigeration – 30 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 1 hour.
Servings: makes medium size 10-12 cutlets.
- Boiled Bean (Rajma) – 1.5 cup
- Boiled Potato – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 tsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 1 tsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1
- Ground Oats – 1/2 cup
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/4 tsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Mint Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to pan-fry the cutlets + 1 tsp
- Green Chutney to serve along.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Bean & Potato Cutlets:
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic, onion, capsicum and green chili. Saute until tender and keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl and add boiled beans & potato. Mash them nicely
- Add sautéed veggies, ground oats, coriander leaves, mint leaves, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder and salt. Mix well
- Make desired size cutlets from the mixture and refrigerate for 30 mins
- Heat some oil in a pan to pan-fry the cutlets, place the cutlets and cook until crisp & brown from either side
- Your Bean & Potato Cutlets are ready, serve with some Green Chutney.