Pizza Cups are a flavorful, bite-size and easy to make appetizer. Though can also be enjoyed in main course like we relish our regular pizzas. You can add veggies as per your taste to these cups.
- I have used home-made whole wheat flour pizza dough to make round sheets for these cups. You can follow recipe for dough here and cut about 3-4 inches diameter round thin sheets (using half the quantity of the dough from the recipe) with a cookie cutter or a bowl with sharp edge. You can also cut square shapes as it doesn’t really matter, it should not be too large to fit in. If you wish to skip all this then just go for store-bought pizza dough or wonton skins
- I have also used home-made pizza sauce in this recipe, you can follow the recipe here or simply use the store-bought one
- Adjust veggies as per your taste or simply go for classic margherita pizza style.
Course: Snacks or Main Course.
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 25 mins, Total – 40 mins.
Servings: Makes 12 pizza cups.
- Pizza Dough – follow recipe here
- Pizza Sauce – 4 tbsp or as needed, follow recipe here
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Chopped & Seeded Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Boiled or Steamed Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese as needed.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Pizza Cups:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 250 degrees Celsius. Grease a muffin pan and keep aside
- Take the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it with a rolling-pin to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut about 3-4 inch diameter round sheets using a cookie cutter or a bowl with sharp edge. Roll the leftover dough again until you use it completely, you’ll get about 12 sheets from the dough
- Place the sheets in the greased pan, image below for your reference
- Spread some sauce, top it with cheese, then with veggies and lastly again with cheese
- Bake for about 23-25mins. Your Pizza Cups are ready, let them rest in the pan for 3-5 mins before serving. Enjoy!!!