Bread Pizza used to be a common breakfast at our place. It’s been a while that I tried these. So here I share the recipe with you and it’s from my Mom’s kitchen. To prepare this you’ll need sooji (semolina), cream and veggies of your choice. We make a batter out of these, spread over a slice of bread and toast it. You can adjust the quantity and variety of veggies in the recipe as per your taste, like you can also add carrots or mushrooms to it.
Cream Tip: If you do not have homemade malai then add store-bought 1/2 cup of low or full fat cream. Reduce the quantity of water accordingly.
Cheese Tip: I prepared the bread pizza with and without cheese. Go for the one you like. Cheese is added at step 5.
Please find images at the end for your reference.
Course: Breakfast and Snacks
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 40 mins
Servings: makes 6 bread pizzas.
- Sooji (Semolina or Rava) – 1/2 cup
- Bread Slices – 6 (your choice of bread)
- Sweet Corn – 1/8 cup (boiled)
- Onion – 1/8 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/8 cup (seeded and finely chopped)
- Capsicum (or Bell Peppers) – 1/8 cup (finely chopped)
- Homemade Malai (Cream) – 3 tbsp (or store-bought cream, read the tip above)
- Water – 1/3 cup or as needed
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – as needed (optional) (read the tip above)
- Red Chilli Flakes – to sprinkle
- Oregano – to sprinkle
- Oil or Butter – to toast the bread pizza
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Bread Pizza:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add sooji, malai (cream) and half of the water. Mix and let it rest for 20 mins, grains will absorb the water
- Add onions, tomatoes, capsicum, sweet corn, black pepper and salt. Mix. Add more water as needed. Batter has to be thick as it needs to stick to the bread
- Take a bread slice and spread the batter evenly
- Heat a pan or a tawa. Pour a few drops of oil (or butter) and place the toast from the batter side
- Cook till crisp, around 3-4 minutes. Then flip and cook till bread is toasted around 2-3 minutes. Incase you want to add cheese then sprinkle at this stage while bread is being toasted. Cover it so that cheese is melted
- Your Bread Pizza is ready. Sprinkle some oregano or red chilli flakes and serve.