Recently I had shared my first recipe for a thin crust pizza “Tandoori Paneer Thin Crust Pizza” and here goes the second. As I mentioned earlier I had kept half of the dough from the previous recipe and prepared Garden Fresh Pizza, so here it is. Garden Fresh Pizza is loaded with veggies. I have used tomatoes, capsicum, onions and sweetcorn. You can also add mushrooms, olives or your favorite veggies. This pizza is quite easy to prepare and it is scrumptious. It is a bit healthy too as the pizza dough is prepared with whole wheat flour.
The dough measurements in this recipe are for two thin crust 12-14 inch pizzas. If you’re making two thin crust pizzas then double the amount of toppings I have mentioned else if you’re making a single thin crust pizza then simply use half the measurements for the dough. You can also prepare the entire dough and use half of it and refrigerate the remaining for later use.
Pizza Sauce I had prepared in advance. You can do the same or use store-bought pizza sauce.
Also try: Tandoori Paneer Thin Crust Pizza
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 2 hours 15 mins, Baking – 15 mins, Total – 2 hours 30 mins
Servings: Makes a 12-14 inch thin crust pizza (using half of the dough)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 1/2 cups
- Active Dry Yeast – 2 1/4 tsp
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Onion – 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Tomato – 1/2 cup (seeded and chopped into small cubes)
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Pizza Sauce – 3-4 tbsp (recipe here)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – 1/2 cup or as desired
- Red Chilli Flakes – to sprinkle on the top
- Dried Oregano – to sprinkle on the top.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Garden Fresh Pizza:
- Take a small bowl. Add yeast, 1/4 cup warm water and 1 tsp sugar. Mix and let sit for 5 mins
- In a large mixing bowl. Add 2 1/4 cup flour, salt and 1 tsp sugar. Mix and make a well in the center. Add yeast mixture and olive oil. Start mixing with your hand or a wooden spoon and add 3/4 cup water in portions. Mix until the dough comes together
- Now knead the dough with your hand or in a stand mixer. While kneading start adding remaining 1/4 cup flour in portions until the dough is non sticky. It’ll take around 2-3 mins (you may not need to add the full 1/4 cup so add in portions)
- Shape the dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl and then grease it from the top. Cover it with a plastic wrap
- Let it rise at room temperature until doubled, around 1 hour (not more than 2 hours)
- Take the dough and punch it down a bit. Place it on a lightly floured surface and shape the dough into a ball
- Divide the dough into two equal size balls. Use one portion for the pizza and wrap the other in a plastic wrap (or keep it in an air-tight container) and refrigerate it for later use
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit or 235 degree celsius
- Take the dough ball on a lightly floured surface and roll it with a rolling-pin till you get the desired crust thickness. Place it on a well-greased pizza pan, pizza stone or baking sheet. Brush the outer 1-inch of the dough with a light coating of olive oil
- Spread pizza sauce. Top it with onions, tomatoes, capsicum, sweetcorn and cheese
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, takes around 12-15 mins
- Your Garden Fresh Pizza is ready. Let it rest for about 2-3 mins before slicing. Sprinkle some red chilli flakes or oregano and serve.