Tandoori Paneer Pizza is a fusion dish, as of course the Pizza is Italian and Tandoori Paneer is Indian. The flavour of marinated paneer (Indian cottage cheese) with pizza sauce and veggies is irresistible. To make tandoori paneer topping we marinate paneer in hung curd (thick yogurt) with a few spices.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Marination – 30 mins, Baking – 15 mins, Total – 1 hour.
Servings: Makes around 12 inch thin crust pizza.
- Pizza Dough – follow recipe here, use half dough from the recipe for this thin crust pizza
- Pizza Sauce – 3-4 tbsp, follow recipe here
- Onion – 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Tomato – 1/2 cup (seeded and chopped into small cubes)
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 1/2 cup (cut into small cubes)
- Hung Curd (or Greek yogurt or plain yogurt) – 3 tbsp
- Grated Garlic – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Finely chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese as needed
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Tandoori Paneer Pizza:
- Take a mixing bowl and add hung curd, garlic, garam masala powder, kasuri methi, red chilli powder, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well
- Add the paneer cubes. Mix and let it rest for 30 mins
- Once paneer is marinated preheat the oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit or 230 degree celsius
- Take the pizza dough ball on a lightly floured surface and roll it with a rolling-pin till you get the desired thickness base. Place it on a well-greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush the outer 1-inch of the pizza base lightly with olive oil
- Spread the pizza sauce and top it with marinated paneer cubes, onions, tomatoes, capsicum and cheese
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, takes around 12-14 mins
- Your Tandoori Paneer Pizza is ready. Let it rest for about 2-3 mins before slicing, sprinkle some Italian seasoning and enjoy!!!