This recipe is for an easy homemade pizza sauce. It is flavorful and perfect for your homemade pizzas. To make this sauce you’ll need roma or plum tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil leaves and a few spices.
You can also add 1 tsp of sugar if desired, which I skipped.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 40 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: yields about one cup.
- Plum or Roma Tomato – 5
- Onions – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped, or 1 tsp of dried basil leaves)
- Dried Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Water to cook tomatoes
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Pizza Sauce:
- Take tomatoes and slit at the bottom without breaking, this will help in removing the tomato skin easily. Keep aside
- Boil enough water in a saucepan to cook the tomatoes, now place the tomatoes in the water for about a minute then remove and place them into a bowl of cold water to stop cooking. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skin and discard
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan or a skillet. Add onion and saute for 2-3 mins on medium flame
- Add garlic and saute for a minute
- Add tomatoes, dried oregano, basil leaves , chilli flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook on low flame for about 30 mins, stirring occasionally
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down. Now transfer it to a blender and blend it to a smooth paste. Your Pizza Sauce is ready.
Storage Tip: You can store it in an air-tight container and refrigerate for upto a week and can even deep freeze for over a month.