This recipe is for an easy homemade pizza sauce, it is flavorful and perfect for your homemade pizzas. To make this sauce you’ll need tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil leaves and a few spices.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 40 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: yields about 3/4 cup
- Plum or Roma Tomato – 5
- Chopped Onions – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves – 2 tbsp (or 1 tsp of dried basil leaves)
- Dried Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chili Flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Water to cook tomatoes
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Pizza Sauce:
- Take the tomatoes and slit at the bottom without breaking, this will help in removing the tomato skin easily. Keep aside
- Boil enough water in a saucepan to cook the tomatoes. Add tomatoes and cook for about a min, then remove and place them into a bowl of cold water to stop cooking. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skin and discard. Now roughly chop the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic, saute for 2-3 mins on medium flame
- Add tomatoes, dried oregano, basil leaves, chili flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook on low flame for about 30 mins, stirring occasionally
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down. Now transfer it to a blending jar and blend it to a smooth paste. Your Pizza Sauce is ready.
Storage Tip: You can store it in an air-tight container and refrigerate for upto a week and can even deep freeze for over a month.