Since mango season is on, one of my friends called me and shared this recipe. My friend said I should try it and share it on the blog too. A big thank you to my lovely friend for this luscious recipe. It is an ultimate dessert and should be enjoyed before mango season is gone. The flavor of mango and kesar (saffron) compliment each other so well.
Sugar in the ingredients list is kept from 1/4 – 1/2 cup, as it depends on how sweet are the mangoes you’re using. So add accordingly.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins
- Mango Pulp – 1/2 cup
- Sooji (Semolina or Rava) – 1/2 cup
- Whole Milk – 1 cup (warm)
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 – 1/2 cup (depends on how sweet is the mango)
- Almonds – 6 (crushed or chopped)
- Green Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder) – 1/4 tsp
- Kesar (Saffron) – 1 large pinch.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Mango Halwa:
- Heat a pan or a kadai. Add ghee and sooji. Roast it on low-medium flame
- Add crushed almonds. Saute till ghee starts to separate and you get the aroma. Sooji should not turn brown. It’ll take around 6-7 mins
- Add warm milk. Stir well, no lumps should be there. Keep stirring until it’s quite dry, it’ll take around 2-3 mins
- Add mango pulp, sugar, cardamom powder and kesar. Stir well
- Keep stirring until excess water from mango pulp is absorbed, it’ll take around 4-5 mins
- Turn off the flame and let rest for 2-3 mins
- Your Mango Halwa is ready. Sprinkle kesar and serve hot.