Sooji Halwa is a famous Indian dessert, we also prepare it as a prasad on the last day of Navratri. It is an easy dessert to make as you’ll only need semolina, clarified butter, sugar, dry-fruits and water.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Sooji (Semolina or Rava) – 1/2 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 4 (crushed or chopped)
- Cashews – 4 (crushed or chopped)
- Raisins – 1 tbsp (soak in warm water for 10 mins)
- Green Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder) – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 2 cups.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Sooji Halwa:
- Heat a pan or a kadai. Add sooji and ghee. Roast it on low-medium flame. Keep stirring continuously till sooji starts to turn light golden brown and ghee starts to separate, you’ll also start getting the roasted aroma. It’ll take around 6-7 mins
- In parallel add water and sugar in a saucepan, heat it until sugar is dissolved
- Once sooji is roasted turn the flame to low and carefully add the sugar-water solution to it. Stir well, no lumps should be there
- Turn the flame to medium and add almonds, cashews, cardamom powder and raisins. Mix and keep stirring until water is completely absorbed. You’ll also notice ghee on the sides.
- Turn off the flame, your Sooji Halwa is ready. Serve hot!!!