Sooji Halwa is a famous Indian dessert, we also prepare it as a prasad on the last day of Navratri. It is an easy dessert to make as you’ll only need semolina, clarified butter, sugar, dry-fruits and water.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Sooji (Semolina) – 1/2 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 4 (crushed or chopped)
- Cashews – 4 (crushed or chopped)
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Green Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder) – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1.5 cups.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Sooji Halwa:
- Heat a pan or a kadai, add sooji and ghee. Roast it on low-medium flame until golden brown stirring continuously, around 7-8 mins
- In parallel add water and sugar in a saucepan, heat it until sugar is dissolved
- Once sooji is roasted turn the flame to low and carefully add the sugar-water solution to it. Stir well, no lumps should be there
- Turn the flame to medium-high and add almonds, cashews, cardamom powder & raisins. Mix and keep stirring until water is completely absorbed, you’ll also notice ghee on the sides
- Turn off the flame, your Sooji Halwa is ready. Serve hot!!!