Sooji Halwa is a semolina dessert. It is simply delicious and perfect to prepare on an auspicious day or even to welcoming the guest. It is super easy to make and ready within minutes.
Also try: Rice Kheer.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Sooji (Semolina or Rava) – 1 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Almonds – 8 (crushed or chopped)
- Cashews – 8 (crushed or chopped)
- Raisins – 1/8 cup (soak in warm water for 10-15 mins)
- Green Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder) – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 4 cups.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Sooji Halwa:
- Heat a pan or a kadai. Add sooji and ghee. Roast it on low-medium flame. Keep stirring till ghee starts to separate and you get the aroma. Sooji should not turn brown. It’ll take around 6-7 mins
- At the same time add water and sugar in a pan. Bring it to boil
- Once sooji is roasted, add the sugar and water solution to it. Stir well, no lumps should be there
- Add almonds, cashews, cardamom powder and raisins. Mix
- Keep stirring until water is absorbed. You’ll also notice ghee on the sides. Turn off the flame
- Your Sooji Halwa is ready. Serve hot!!!