Kalakand is a delicious Indian sweet prepared with paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and condensed milk, a quick and easy dessert which is ready in just minutes. The texture is grainy and moist, and the flavor is perfect enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15, Resting – 3 hours, Total – 3 hours 20 mins.
Servings: makes around 12-14 pieces.
- Condensed Milk – 1 can, around 397 grams
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 2 cups (crumbled)
- Milk Powder – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pistachios – 2 tsp (crushed)
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1 tsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Kalakand:
- Take a thick bottom pan or kadai. Add condensed milk, paneer, milk powder and mix. Turn on the flame and start to cook on medium flame, keep stirring continuously
- Once it starts to thicken, add cardamom powder and keep stirring
- Cook until it becomes almost like a lump (a little loose is fine) and starts to leave the sides of the pan. Now turn off the flame
- Grease a pan or a plate with ghee and evenly spread the mixture to an inch thickness
- Sprinkle crushed pistachios and press gently. Let it cool down completely, around 3 hours before slicing
- Your Kalakand is ready, it’ll remain good for a week under refrigeration.