Phirni is such a flavorful famous Indian dessert, in this recipe strawberries gives it a nice twist and makes it delectable. Ingredients are similar to that of regular Phirni just that we also add strawberries to it, which is obvious from the name.
Also try: Phirni, Rice Kheer, Kalakand, Coconut Ladoo, Kesar Malai Ladoo or Seviyan.
Time: Preparation – 10 Mins, Cooking – 30 Mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Whole Milk – 1 Litre
- Rice – 1/4 cup (soaked for 20 mins)
- Strawberries – 8 + for garnishing
- Sugar – 1/3 Cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Crushed Almonds for garnishing
- Crushed Pistachios for garnishing.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Strawberry Phirni:
- Add strawberries to a blending jar and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Thoroughly rinse the soaked rice and drain all the water, transfer it to a grinding jar along with 1/2 cup milk. Grind to a smooth paste and keep aside
- Heat remaining milk in a thick bottom pan and bring it to boil, then cook for 10 mins on low flame, stirring occasionally
- Now slowly add rice-milk paste in portions stirring continuously, so that no lumps are formed. Mix well
- Cook on low flame until thickens and rice is cooked, stir occasionally
- Turn off the flame, add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well
- Now add strawberry paste and mix again, your Strawberry Phirni is ready. Let it cool down then chill it. Top it with some crushed almonds & pistachios and serve!!!