Summers always calls for ice cream and here’s my first attempt at it, Kesar Pista Ice Cream. You’ll need handful of ingredients for this easy peasy recipe.
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Freezing – 8 hours or overnight, Total – 8 hours 30 mins.
- Whipping Cream – 2 cups
- Condensed Milk – 1 cup
- Saffron Threads – 20
- Green Cardamom – 10
- Pistachios – 25
- Almonds – 15
- Warm Milk – 1 tbsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ml.
How to make Kesar Pista Ice Cream:
- Dissolve saffron threads in warm milk, keep aside
- Add seeds of green cardamom to a mortar-pestle and discard the pods. Crush them to a fine powder, keep aside
- In the same mortar-pestle, crush the pistachios & almonds. Keep aside
- Take a big mixing bowl, add whipping cream and beat with a big whisk until it gets a stiff peak (image below). You can also do the same with an electric beater
- Add condensed milk, half quantity of crushed pistachios & almonds, cardamom powder and saffron milk. Mix gently
- Transfer it to a freezer safe container and top it with the remaining quantity of crushed pistachios & almonds. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Once frozen, scoop it and garnish with some crushed nuts while serving. Your Kesar Pista Ice Cream is ready.