Hey People! Happy National Ice Cream Day 2022, right day to post an ice cream recipe. This is a fusion recipe, our famous Indian Malai Kulfi topped with Poached Blueberries and trust me the combination of flavors is extremely delicious.
Malai Kulfi recipe is a no cook and very easy to make. You can relish Malai Kulfi as is with some chopped nuts as well.
Also try: Nutella Ice Cream, Rose Ice Cream, Strawberry Ice Cream or Kesar Pista Ice Cream.
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Freezing – 8 hours or overnight, Total – 8 hours 30 mins.
- For Malai Kulfi
- Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 Pint (473 ml)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 Can (396 grams)
- Evaporated Milk – 1 Can (354 ml)
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Crushed Saffron Threads – a pinch
- For Poached Blueberries
- Fresh Blueberries – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Malai Kulfi with Poached Blueberries:
- Malai Kulfi
- Take a big mixing bowl. Add condensed milk and evaporated milk, mix well
- Add heavy cream, cardamom powder and saffron threads. Mix well
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container or molds. Freeze for up to 8 hours or overnight
- Your Malai Kulfi is ready!
- Poached Blueberries
- Heat a pan, add water and sugar. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved
- Turn the heat to high and cook for about 10 mins or until syrup thickens. Do not stir
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add blueberries. Cook for about 3 mins or until blueberries are soft
- Your Poached Blueberries are ready!
- Let the poached blueberries cool off completely before serving or you can even refrigerate
- Take a serving plate, place the Malai Kulfi and top it with the Poached Blueberries. Enjoy!!!