Aloo (Potatoes) is my favorite, all of my family and friends know this fact about me!!! Recently tried this recipe and came out super yum! You’ll need regular ingredients from your kitchen to prepare this recipe. Relish with Lachha Paratha or Phulka.
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Boiled Potatoes – 4 medium (cut into cubes)
- Dahi (Curd) – 1 cup
- Green Chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Asafetida – 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander Leaves for garnishing.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Dahi Waale Aloo:
- Take a mixing bowl and add dahi, kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder & black salt. Mix well and keep aside
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan, let it smoke for a min then turn the flame to low and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and asafetida, let it splutter
- Add onions, green chilies and ginger. Saute until onions are golden brown
- Add curd mixture and stir continuously until it comes to a boil. Stirring is important else the curd will split
- Now add potatoes, crushed kasuri methi and salt. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 mins
- Add water and bring it to a boil. Cook covered on a medium flame for about 7-8 mins or until gravy thickens, stirring occasionally
- Add garam masala powder and mix well
- Turn off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and your Dahi Waale Aloo is ready.