A super easy, totally delicious and a healthy recipe to relish this summer, Zucchini Sabji!!! You’ll need the common ingredients from your kitchen to prepare this and you can relish with phulkas or parathas.
Also try: Lauki Sabji, Lauki Chana Dal or Dahi Waale Aloo.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Zucchini – 2 medium-large
- Tomato – 2 small-medium
- Green Chili – 2
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1 tbsp
- Asafetida a pinch
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garama Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves to garnish.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Zucchini Sabji:
- Take zucchinis and peel them, discard the edges. Now cut them into 1/2 inch roundels and keep aside
- Add tomatoes and green chilies to a blending jar, and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds and asafetida, let it splutter
- Add tomato-green chili paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder and kashmiri red chili powder. Mix and cook until ghee starts to separate
- Add chopped zucchini, water and salt. Mix well and close the lid
- Cook on medium flame for 4-5 whistles. Turn off the flame and let the pressure settle down on it’s own
- Once pressure settles open the lid and mash the zucchini to get the mushy texture
- Add lemon juice, garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix well
- Your Zucchini Sabji is ready! Enjoy it with a hot phulka.