Sharing today another inviting and absolutely delicious recipe of soya chaap, it is Soya Chaap Rara! Goes perfect with Tandoori Roti, Missi Roti or Naan.
Also try: Afghani Chaap, Achaari Chaap, Soya Chaap Masala, Soya Granules Sabji or Soya Chunks Sabji.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Soya Chaap – 500 grams
- Soya Granules – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 2 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 4 medium (blend to a smooth paste)
- Ginger – 1 inch (julienned)
- Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Green Chili – 5-6 (finely chopped)
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Black Peppercorns – 5-6
- Bay Leaf – 2
- Clove – 2
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 2 tsp
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 2 tbsp
- Cream – 2-3 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Water – 1.5 to 2 cups
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Soya Chaap Masala
- Drain and wash soya chaap as per instructions on the can. Cut each chaap into 3 pieces diagonally. Air-fry on 400 F for 15 mins or deep fry the chaap pieces until golden brown. Keep aside
- Cook soya granules as per instructions on the pack. Keep aside
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan or kadai. Add black cardamon, green cardamom, bay leaf, cloves and black peppercorns. Saute until fragrant
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and saute until translucent
- Add garlic paste, saute until onions are golden brown
- Add green chilies, saute for a few secs
- Add turmeric powder, kashmiri red chili powder and coriander powder. Mix and saute for a few seconds
- Add 1/2 cup water. Mix and cook for a min
- Add tomato paste, 1 tsp kasuri methi and garam masala. Mix and cook until ghee starts to separate
- Add soya granules. Mix and cook for a min
- Add fried chaap, salt and 1-1.5 cups of water. Mix and bring it to a boil. Cook covered on a medium-low flame for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add cream and 1 tsp kasuri methi. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add chopped coriander leaves and ginger, and mix well. Your Soya Chaap Rara is ready!!!