Soya Chunks Sabji is totally delicious and nutritious. Relish with phulka or paratha.
Also try: Punjabi Dum Aloo, Chole Masala, Chana Dal or Masoor Dal.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Marination – 30 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 1 hour 10 mins.
- Soya Chunks – 1 cup
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 medium-large (blend to a smooth paste)
- Tomato – 3 medium-large (blend to a smooth paste)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Green Chili – 2-3 (blend along with tomatoes)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1.5 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Water to cook soya chunks
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Soya Chunks Sabji:
- Cook soya chunks as per instructions on the pack. Keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl and add curd, cumin powder, 1/2 tsp kasuri methi, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste & salt. Mix well and add boiled soya chunks, coat well and marinate for 30 mins
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf, black cardamom & cloves. Saute until fragrant
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, saute until fragrant
- Add onion paste and saute until golden brown
- Add tomato-green chili paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and 1/2 tsp red chili powder. Cook until oil separates
- Add crushed kasuri methi, marinated soya chunks and salt. Mix and cook covered for 12-15 mins on low-medium flame, stirring occasionally
- Add cream, garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix and cook for a min, your Soya Chunks Sabji is ready.