Spinach is such a nutritious vegetable to enjoy and Palak Paneer is a delicious Indian curry prepared with it. Usually it is made with onions and garlic, instead this is a Saatvik style recipe.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Spinach – 150 grams
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Tomato – 2 medium (blend to a smooth paste)
- Green Chilli – 2 (blend along with tomatoes)
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Palak Paneer (No Onion No Garlic):
- Add spinach and 1/4 cup water to a pressure cooker, close the lid and cook for one whistle on high flame. Turn off the flame, release the pressure and let it cool down. Now transfer it to a blending jar and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pan or a kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add ginger and saute till aromatic
- Add tomato-green chilli paste, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook until ghee starts to separate
- Add paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add spinach paste and 1/4 cup water. Mix and cook for a min, your Palak Paneer is ready.