An easy-peasy coconut barfi recipe with a handful of ingredients. You’ll mainly need fresh coconut, milk and condensed milk to make these super moist and scrumptious barfis.
Tip: You can also use desiccated coconut instead of fresh (or frozen) coconut.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Refrigeration – 1 hour, Total – 1 hour 20 mins.
Servings: makes around 15 barfis.
- Fresh or Frozen Coconut – 2 cups (if you’re using frozen then thaw it first)
- Whole Milk – 1/2 cup
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup (you can add another 2 tbsp for extra sweetness)
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Saffron Threads – 7-8
- Crushed Pistachios – 1 tbsp
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Coconut Barfi:
- Heat ghee in a pan or a kadai. Add coconut, milk, condensed milk and saffron threads. Mix and cook on a low-medium flame until it becomes a mass, stirring frequently
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Now line a tray with parchment paper and spread the mix evenly by pressing with a spatula. Top it with crushed pistachios and refrigerate for an hour
- Cut barfi squares and your Coconut Barfi is ready. Enjoy!!!