Happy New Year People!!!
Kick starting 2020 with something different and healthy, Avocado Paratha!!! These are soft, flavorful and nutritious. You can relish these with your favorite curries or with some sautéed veggies.
Course: Breakfast and Main Course.
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 40 mins.
Servings: makes 4 parathas.
- Avocado – 1 (mashed)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Carrom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil to cook the parathas
- Salt to taste.
For Sautéed Veggies:
- Onion – 1 small (julienned)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (julienned)
- Red Bell Pepper – 1/2 cup (julienned)
- Yellow Bell Pepper – 1/2 cup (julienned)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to Avocado Paratha with Sautéed Veggies:
- Take a mixing bowl and add mashed avocado, coriander leaves, green chillies, lemon juice, salt, carrom seeds and cumin powder. Mix and start adding 1 cup wheat flour in portions. Knead to make a soft smooth dough, add more flour if it’s too sticky. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Meanwhile heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add onion, capsicum and bell peppers. Saute
- Add ground black pepper and salt. Mix and saute until a little soft. Turn off the flame, your Sautéed Veggies are ready. Keep aside
- Now take the dough and knead a little bit again, divide it into 4 equal portions
- Take one portion and make a round ball. Start rolling it with a rolling-pin. Make a circle of around 3 inches in diameter
- Spread some oil in the centre and bring the edges together to make a ball
- Dust the ball and start rolling again to make a normal size paratha. If required dust it again in between rolling and make sure it doesn’t break
- Meanwhile heat a tawa and place the paratha on it. When you start getting the brown spots spread some oil and cook from both the sides (as in the picture). Similarly do the rest and keep aside
- Place paratha on a flat surface and add desired quantity of veggies in the centre. Roll the paratha and your Avocado Paratha with Sautéed Veggies is ready.