Happy New Year 2018!!! Let’s begin blogging for 2018 with some sweetness. Today I am sharing the recipe for Besan Halwa. In India we prepare different kinds of halwa, and Besan Halwa is quite popular during the winter season. It is prepared with gram flour, sugar, ghee and nuts. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Also try: Sooji Halwa.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 1 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 8 (crushed)
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Saffron – a pinch.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Besan Halwa:
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan or kadai
- Add besan and stir fry until it starts changing color and you get the nutty aroma
- Side by side you can add water and sugar in a pan. Heat it
- When besan has turned light golden brown, turn the flame to low and add sugar water solution. Keep stirring so that it doesn’t form lumps
- Add almonds and cardamom powder. Stir well until the water is fully absorbed
- Add saffron and mix. Your Besan Halwa is ready. Serve hot.