Happy New Year 2018!!! Let’s begin blogging for 2018 with some sweetness. Today I am sharing the recipe for Besan Halwa. In India we prepare a variety of halwa, Besan Halwa is quite popular during the winter season. It is prepared with gram flour, sugar, ghee and nuts. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 1 cup
- Ghee (clarified butter) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 6 (crushed)
- Cardamom Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Saffron – a pinch
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Besan Halwa:
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan or kadai
- Add besan and stir fry until it starts changing color and you get the nutty aroma
- Side by side you can add water and sugar in a pan. Heat it
- When besan has turned light golden brown then add heated sugar-water. Keep stirring so that it doesn’t form lumps
- Add almonds and cardamom powder. Stir well until the water is fully absorbed
- Add saffron. Mix.
- Your Besan Halwa is ready. Serve hot.