Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 Mins, Cooking – 20, Total – 30 Mins.
- Cauliflower – 2 cups (chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium-large (peeled and chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Gobhi:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai. Let it smoke then add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter
- Add onion and garlic, saute until light golden brown
- Add cauliflower, ginger and green chili. Saute for about 2 mins
- Add potatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix and cook covered on low flame until potatoes are soft, stir occasionally
- Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Give it a nice mix and your Aloo Gobhi is ready.