An easy one pot recipe for Aloo Gajar. You’ll need potatoes, carrots, onions, tomatoes and some spices.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 Mins, Cooking – 25, Total – 35 Mins.
- Carrot – 1.5 cup (peeled and chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium-large (peeled and chopped)
- Peas – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (crushed)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (crushed)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to Make Aloo Gajar:
- Heat mustard oil in a pressure cooker, let it smoke for a min then turn the flame to low and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add fenugreek seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute till onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and kasuri methi. Cook until oil starts to separate
- Add carrots, potatoes, peas, water and salt. Mix and close the lid, cook for 4 whistles on medium-high flame
- Turn off the flame and once the pressure settles down open the lid, add garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix well, your Aloo Gajar is ready.