Carrots are always a delight to relish and so nutritious as well. You can make a dessert with it, stir fry it with potatoes or simply add it to the rice. It always enhances the flavor and tastes so good.
Carrot Rice has amazingly delicious flavors, a must try recipe. You can enjoy it with curd, chutney or pickle, though I relish it with a dollop of ghee (clarified butter).
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins
- Rice – 1 cup
- Grated Carrot – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 large (blend to a smooth paste)
- Green Chilli – 3-4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Cloves – 4
- Black Pepper – 6
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp (for the color)
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil or Ghee (clarified butter) – 4-5 tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Coriander Leaves – to garnish (optional)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Carrot Rice:
- Take rice and soak it for 15 mins
- Meanwhile heat oil or ghee in a kadai. Add bay leaf, black cardamom, cloves and black pepper. Saute till fragrant
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add chopped onions. Saute till golden brown
- Add tomato paste, chopped green chillies and grated ginger. Saute
- Add coriander powder and kashmiri red chilli powder. Cook till oil or ghee starts to separate
- Add grated carrots. Mix and cook for a minute
- Add water and garam masala powder. Bring it boil
- Thoroughly rinse the rice and add it to the kadai. Cover and cook on low flame, until rice is cooked and water is completely absorbed
- Turn off the flame and your carrot rice is ready
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot!!!