Happy New Year Guys!!! Hope you had a wonderful New Year’s eve. So here I am beginning my new year and sharing my first recipe of 2019, and it’s gotta be something sweet. Though I have kept in mind the health part, you’ll see that in the ingredients.
Baking has become my new favourite and I keep trying new recipes which involves it. Blueberry Scones are always a delight to enjoy in the breakfast and especially during winters. I have added a bit of orange zest to it, to have that bitter-tangy touch.
These are prepared with whole wheat flour (a healthier version), you can try with all-purpose flour as well.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins
Servings: makes 8 scones
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Raw Sugar – 4 tbsp + to sprinkle on top (you can add another 2 tbsp if you like them sweeter)
- Orange Zest – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Blueberries – 1 cup (you can use frozen as well)
- Butter – 5 tbsp (finely sliced or chopped)
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Plain Greek Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp (if using salted butter then skip it).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Blueberry Orange Scone:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit or 220 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl. Add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine
- Add butter. Mix
- Add blueberries and orange zest. Mix
- Add yogurt and milk. Gently mix with a spoon
- Now using your hands softly knead the dough until combined well
- Shape it into a circle with depth of about an inch
- Cut the circle into 8 slices. Image below
- Separate and place them on the baking sheet
- Sprinkle some sugar and bake for 15 mins or until light brown
- Your Blueberry Orange Scones are ready. Serve warm
- They’ll remain good for 1-2 days on shelf.