Merry Christmas People!!! Today’s recipe needs no special introduction, it’s Brownie Time. So keep aside your guilt for a while in the christmas spirit and simply enjoy these Double Chocolate Brownies. These delectable brownies are rich and fudgy.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Baking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins.
Servings: yields a 8 x 8 square pan.
- All-Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup (softened or melted, should not be warm or hot)
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
- White Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar or Light Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Semi-Sweet or Bitter-Sweet Chocolate Bar – 140grams or 5oz (roughly chopped)
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Double Chocolate Brownies:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit or 175 degrees celsius. Line a 8×8 baking tray with parchment paper. Keep aside
- In a large mixing bowl add butter, oil, white sugar and brown sugar. Whisk to combine
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk for 1-2 mins until combined well
- Add all-purpose flour and cocoa powder. Switch to a big spoon and mix until no flour is visible
- Gently fold half of the roughly chopped chocolate bar
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining half of the chopped chocolate bar on top
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs but not wet
- Let it cool down in the pan. Once it’s completely cool, transfer to a cutting board and slice it . Enjoy with a glass of milk or warm it up & relish with some ice cream.